Monday 1 March 2010

Cannes in Snow


I recently returned from a recce in Cannes following a pitch win to produce the sony 'experience' at this year's sony world photography awards. Excited at the prospect of being involved for the third year running and escaping the bitterly cold weather here in London for a couple of days I skipped off to catch my plane. As my colleague Jem and I sat down for breakfast on the 2nd morning I casually remarked 'oh look it's snowing'. And it snowed, and snowed, and snowed. Cannes became a magical fairyland that resulted in no one being able to get in or out. Being snowed in an extra day was not ideal but there are certainly worst things I could have been doing. What was so enchanting was the fact that this was only the second time in 10years that snow had fallen in Cannes. Watching children excitedly running along a white beach and elderly couples gripping umbrellas while capturing the scenes on their cameras was lovely. It was important to think 'ok it's snowing and I need to get home and do lots of work but.... c'est la vie!'

No comments:

Post a Comment