Friday 5 March 2010

the perfect cup for tea


My favourite cup. A cup that is the right size, the right weight, the right colour, the right design and in some cases a nice history. A new addition to the cupboard but straight to the top place spot is this Tracey Emin designed cup. I'm a big TE fan. I find her art inspiring, exciting, challenging, emotional. I like her too and I think it's this personality that comes through in her work that draws me in. Bunny purchased this for me the day before starting my new job as a good luck gift - my own special mug for the studio. As it happens I leave it at home as I worry someone might borrow it and break it! The message on the back in all it's simplicity is how I feel when I fall in love - I wear my heart on my sleeve. Depending on my mood I can read it and fill it with emotion - urgency, desperation, sorrow, dreaminess. .........

And as for the front.............well need I say more

No comments:

Post a Comment